THE FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
Who Are The Friends of the Manchester District Library?
- The Friends are a group of library patrons dedicated to supporting programs and events at the Manchester District Library that cannot be achieved within the scope of the Library’s budget and/or staff. The Friends‘ book sale has provided funds for the Library’s summer reading program, the LEGO Club, and other special programs at the Library. The Friends have also supported reading more widely in the community with contributions to reading programs in the schools and by sponsoring a “Free Little Library.” The Friends have hosted after trick-or-treating events at the library, as well.
- Anyone holding a Manchester District Library card can be a member of the Friends group. There is no membership fee to be part of the Friends.
- You can fill out a membership form at the library and have it placed in the Friends mailbox.
- You can show up at any meeting or donation day and say: “Hey, I want to join!”
- You can email the coordinator of the friends group, Shea VanVuuren: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Friends meet three time a year in January, May, and October at the Library.
- Most of the Friends’ funds come from the ongoing used book sale. You can support the Friends by shopping at the used book sale located on both levels of the library. You can also support the sale by dropping off books on donation days, which are held the first Saturday of the month, March through October in the Village Room from 10am to noon.