THE FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
Who Are The Friends of the Manchester District Library?
- The Friends are a group of library patrons dedicated to supporting programs and events at the Manchester District Library that cannot be achieved within the scope of the Library’s budget and/or staff. The Friends‘ book sale has provided funds for the Library’s summer reading program, and other special programs at the Library. The Friends also support reading more widely in the community with contributions to reading programs in the schools, by sponsoring a “Free Little Library”, and giving away children's books during the annual Village Halloween event, to name a few.
- Any resident of the areas served by Manchester District Library can be a member of the Friends group. There is no membership fee to be part of the Friends.
- You can fill out a membership form at the library.
- You can show up at any meeting or donation day and say: “Hey, I want to join!”
- You can email the coordinator of the friends group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Friends meet three times per year in January, May, and October at the Library.
- Most of the Friends’ funds come from the ongoing used book sale. You can support the Friends by shopping at the used book sale located on both levels of the library. You can also support the sale by dropping off books on donation days, which are held the second Saturday of the month, April through October in the Village Room from 10am to noon.